Sunday 18 September 2011

Food : Bubur Jagung (Corn Porridge)



My dad used to make 'kolak' or bubur tepung and bubur jagung for us on some weekends. I love those. As we get older, he stopped but I still remember how those sweet porridge taste like.

My first attempt to make bubur jagung was a success. More than I hope for. A small feat for most people but a major thing me. I can cook but it always taste bland so I try to avoid it at all cost. I received only one complaint that time around from yours truly, Bz. He said it was too sweet. Whoever conjured the saying, "Honesty is the best policy" probably didn't have a girlfriend and most likely figured out the, "Truth hurts" saying after he had one.

When I wanted to replicate the humble success again, I can't remember how much ingredients I put inside! The horror! Googled it again but I can't seem to find the receipe I used. So I have just guessed and voila!

3 cans of sweet corn (next time I should use more)
2 cans of sweet creamer milk
1 1/2 block of brown sugar
1 can of water a few pandan leaves
a pinch of salt

1. boil water with brown sugar and sweet corn until all the brown sugar has disolved
2. put in the milk and pandan leaves
3. add a pinch of salt
4. stir until it starts to bubble


Yay, good with bread too.
Next is 'kolak' tepung!


Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4