Tuesday 27 September 2011

Car Care : Cracked Tyre!



24092011 Bz noticed that my right front tyre has a cracked while he was filling up them. Later that day Farhunt inspected furthur and it was cracked at 3 different places! Alamak!

What to do? Owh, what to do? What do I know about tyres?
My wheels are 16 inch tyres with killer sport rims (thanks ayahandaku sayang). And after the accident that I had last year, 21032010, I knew that tyres need to be change every 2 years. So I planned for kutu pay out by end of November 2011. Since this happened and I have limited resources at the moment and after asking around, I opted for second hand tyre. Will replace them all by November 2011.

I know now to find a store that is not named after a tyre brand. They sell new tyre that will cost us around RM240 - RM320 per tyre. Most of the time they have no stock for second hand tyres.



This tyre shop that I went to sold me a second hand tyre + workmanship + balancing for RM80. I asked the man there how much they sell a brand new tyre. RM200 Archellies RM220 Silverstone up to RM290 per. They also said my break discs are due for a change. Minimum for one is RM120 per. A Nyonya there said she can give me a good deal, 4 new Silverstone tyres + 2 new break discs + workmanship = RM1100.

Next update, November 2011, hopefully!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4