Sunday 12 June 2011

Why start this blog?

me!
Promise this would be my longest entry. Will keep everything else short and easy on the eyes. Any longer it will put even me to sleep. So here goes,

Self-serving but not self absorbed
When I do clean up (rare occasion) I have encountered my old notes (yes, I’m a step away from being a hoarder), things I wrote years ago
   ·         to help me study and understand things
   ·         to remember things better for school exam
·         notes to myself based on own experiences or other people’s (things I should do and shouldn’t do when I reached a certain point of my life)
·         poems for my childhood crushes
·         poems from my childhood crushes
·         scribbles etc

Looking through all these, I felt not only too sentimental to throw a way (thus, the huge pile of notes that I have around the house and also in the office) but these are the things that I would love to still remember. Keeping ALL the notes would be disastrous and some day hazardous to my health, so I need a place where the space is unlimited. Where else but the virtual world, right?

Getting the hang of writing
 I have all these ideas but it has been very difficult for me to put them down in words. I am a bookworm and as I venture from one bookstores to another, I find it very difficult for me to find reading materials that would suit my need and what I would’ve love read when I was younger (I’m 16 now, that’s my answer and I’m sticking to it ;p)
            So this is me trying to write the kind of things I would love to read about (minus the pictures because I can’t draw a proper cat even if my life depends on it)

Learn new things from other people who read this
You are most welcome to read my blog (not holding my breath for this) and share your ideas and point of views. The internet is an amazing tool for all of us, don’t you think so? Heck, the first thing I do to understand about caring for my cats is from Google J.
 I’m a believer of ‘let’s agree to disagree’ and if I see/hear something I don’t like, I’ll stop reading/listening rather than bitterly argue who is better than the other so on and so forth. Taste is a matter of preference, right? If everyone likes the same thing, there’s no variety in life. Everyone eats the same thing, listen to the same music, reads the same stuff..yada yada yada, you get my drift?
               
I hope by listing down my reasons as my first entry would keep me in check and I would not evolve into a narcissist who writes or bitch complaint about everything, boo hoo. Bill Gates said, “Life is unfair, get over it.” And I’m doing my best to get over it. Chaiyok IdaXu!

Hugs, kisses and cookies,
IdaXu

p/s : Oh yeah, Curious Chombie is not in any way related to Curious George but I love what George is doing, making learning fun for all of us. Keep up the good work George!