Saturday 25 June 2011

Poetry : Contrived love?

This is for the same guy back in 2001. We parted in good terms. Called the quits with him because he said I was too much for him (trying to forget why, but it kind of stuck in my brain). I was bitter, wrote poems & let it go. Oh well, what can't kill me makes me stronger.

Contrived love?
By IdaXu Rais

6 am
over the line
you didn’t sound so contrite

Tell me,
did love mutate into hate?
to me it just seem to evaporate
that happens when we miss communicate
and the mirage began to fade

… the your truth began to hit me
your words suffocates me
your lies asphyxiates  me
my memories betrays me

Truth?
Or it is just another vindication
an excuse to save your ego
Male-ego
And their contrived love.


Reached up to look up a few words in my dictionary ( I know I wrote it but I don’t say contrived & contrite in daily basis, hrm, maybe I should)

(psst..the guy saying these words sound soo sexy, don’t you think?)