Monday 22 August 2011

Speech : Steve Jobs' 2005 Stanford Commencement Address

Downloaded this from YouTube Channel : Stanford University with the promise not to make profit out it or distribute it.

This is a speech by Steve Jobs and I love it!

1. Connecting the dots
'because believing that the dots will connect down the road, will give you the confidence to follow your heart even when it will lead you off the well worn path, and that will make all the difference.'

2. Love and loss
'It was awful tasting medicine, but I guess the patient needed it. Sometimes life hits you in the head with a brick.' 

'If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle.'

3. Death
'Everyday let's look in the mirrors ask ourselves "If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?" And whenever the answer has been "No" for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something.'

'Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.'