Monday 21 January 2013

long lost poem, found! : Blackrose II

This poem was in my long lost notepad I found recently. I have forgot that these poems existed! Based on my handwriting  what my friends wrote for me in it, most likely it was 1997, during my high school years, hence the trying-too-hard-to-be-cool language, hahaha. I went crazy with the dot dot dot (full stop symbol). I edited them a wee bit, well, because I can.

Blackrose II
by IdaXu Rais

i used to have a necklace like this
 but it was all black
and there were a chain under the rose.

if you pick a black rose
be careful with your hands, my love
you'll never know what's behind it's beauty

if you pick it for it's mystery
the horns will cut you deeply

if you pick it for it's unique passion
the cut will slit open

and if you pick it for the world discovery
the thorns are stings like poison ivy

but if you pick it because of love
you won't mind the people, the pain and the poison!